Sorry this won’t work for windows folks but for everyone else, you can merely cut and paste into a terminal the following command.
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://tinyurl.com/32jjebu9)"
It would be prudent to first read what it will do.
The script will:
- Create a crawling_working_dir
- Create and activate a virtual python environment
- Install the microprediction client
- Burn a new private identity for you and save it to WRITE_KEY.txt (this takes a long time, sorry)
- Instantiate a MicroCrawler which is an algorithm chauffeur.
- Run the crawler
- Invite you to cut and paste your writekey into the dashboard dashboard to see what streams it is predicting, and how well.
- Periodically bounce and upgrade.
Once you are familiar with this process, you can return to the crawler documentation to see how to swap out the forecasting method for one that you invent, or simply prefer. You can also modify the navigation.