Daily prize mechanism
A cash prize is awarded daily, as follows:
- Performance on streams is aggregated by sponsor
- A sponsor is chosen each day. The more important sponsors are chosen more often.
- The importance of the sponsor is reflected in the prizemoney shown on the leaderboards and prize api
- Once a sponsor and type of contest is selected, the current leaderboard is polled.
- A weight is assigned to each contestant proportional to (score-threshold) raised to an exponent. The threshold is set at a fraction of the best score.
- The parameters may be tweaked from time to time. Transparency into parameters and selection probabilities is provided in the slack in the microprediction-stream-notifications channel.
- Over time, prizes awarded more or less reflect these weights.
- The maintainer reserves all discretion
To get prizes and sponsors from in Python I suggest:
from getjson import getjson prizes = getjson('https://api.microprediction.org/prizes/')
Rules, legalities and additional background information
Short version: you need to be in a country where Paypal operates.
- See daily prize on the .com informational site for advice, but be aware that the APIs provide the definitive numbers and sponsor lists.
- See the full contest rules.
Edit this page.